Thursday, 12 January 2012

Time for burnishing...


When motif is on, and when pot is in the semi-dry condition, next step in my pot creating process is burnishing!

This is my main burnishing tool...


This big stone is for bigger, clean areas and these smaller ones are for details and some delicate places on the pots surface.

...beside polished stones, I'm often for this purpose using plastic spoon with a flat back, soft plastic bag for a finishing shine etc...but some other smooth objects can be useful to.
I Usually repeat burnishing treatment few times on the whole pot, but there are cases when I treat just some parts of the pot that I want to put accent on, and make contrast with not burnished or relief areas.
In this case, I was burnishing all clean areas on the pots surface. The main motif, bandit silhouette is simple but requires shading. For that purpose, to make shadows and put accent on some motif details, instead of colors I was using contrast between  burnishing shine and sandpaper and toothpick scratches.
Annnnnd this is the result...




1 comment:

Indian Cutting Tools said...

Dedicated Impex is leading gear cutting tools Manufacturers Company in India, we are manufacturers and suppliers of gear cutting tools, CNC router bits, keyway broaches, router bits and slotting cutters in all over India.

Gear Shaving Cutters





















Post a Comment